Preventative Health Care – Our series of routine preventative health care visits follows the recommendation of the American Academy of Pediatrics. These visits are comprehensive assessments of all aspects of health, nutrition, growth, development and behavior. We also provide sports readiness exams. Click here for a schedule of preventative care visits. These can be arranged by calling our office for an appointment.
Immunizations – We offer and fully endorse vaccination of children following the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control and the American Academy of Pediatrics. Click here to view the recommended immunization schedule.
Conditions and Problems – We offer primary care for a wide range of pediatric conditions and problems. The following is a partial list of conditions we can help you with:
- Acute infectious illnesses
- Recurrent infections
- Unexplained fever
- Asthma and allergies
- Chronic conditions such as headache, abdominal pain, fatigue
- Digestive tract problems including gastro esophageal reflux, food allergy, and constipation
- School problems in including Attention Deficit Disorder
- Developmental problems, speech delays, and autism
- Behavioral and emotional problems
- Skin conditions and rashes, acne
- Parental guidance related to adolescence and related issues
- Adolescent guidance related to issues involving safety, tobacco use, alcohol and substance use, sexual activity
For conditions and problems requiring pediatric subspecialty care we work closely with specialists from all over the state and will coordinate a referral when this is necessary.
Hospitalizations – Our group maintains active staff privileges at Lakeland Regional Medical Center and provides in patient hospital care for many basic types of pediatric illnesses. When transfer to one of the tertiary care pediatric hospitals in the area is necessary we will make the necessary arrangements.
Phone Support – We have someone available 24 hours per day 7 days per week by phone to help our patients and there parents. We can triage and offer recommendations for simple problems by phone, or arrange for an office evaluation with one of our pediatricians or nurse practitioners. Click here for information on contacting us.